TOM Compatibility Levels
The missing documentation.
Ever since the convergence of Analysis Services (Tabular) and Power BI (Premium) has started, the Analysis Services API surface has evolved rapidly. New versions of the TOM client libraries are being released frequently, and new Power BI (Premium) features introduce new TOM Compatibility Levels which must be configured at the database in order to enable certain features in the underlying engine.
However, official documentation of those feature sets and the corresponding compatibility levels and NuGet versions is very sparse.
Using the reflection approach described in this article, this page provides "The Missing Documentation" - a chronological listing of TOM features by compatibility level. Major features are annotated with related articles and blog posts.
Hybrid Tables in PBI Premium
- SourceLineageTag (Column, Hierarchy, Level, Measure, NamedExpression, Table): A tag that represents the lineage of the source for the object.
- NamedExpression.ParameterValuesColumn: Client tools apply filters to this column using M parameter. The presence of this property indicates model owner allows Dax queries to override this parameter, and columns data type must match the type specified in the meta tag of the parameter.
- LineageTag (Column, Hierarchy, Level, Measure, NamedExpression, Table): A tag that represents the lineage of the object.
- Model.DataSourceDefaultMaxConnections: DataSourceDefaultMaxConnections will be used for connections to a data source if MaxConnections is set to -1 on the data source object or if there is no corresponding data source object for the data source.
- Table.ExcludeFromModelRefresh: A boolean value that indicates whether the table is excluded from model refresh. When this is true, a refresh operation on the model would not trigger a refresh on the partitions of the table if they were already processed.
"Enhanced Metadata Format"
Dual Storage Mode
Incremental Refresh Policy (Import)
- 1100, 1103, 1200, 1400